How to look after your voice in winter
As winter is almost upon us it is vital that we keep voices healthy.
One only has to expose one's throat neck & chest to external cold to experience a tightening and stinging of the vocal chords as well as a dry mouth and strained throat.
Remember a good speaking voice is one that is easily heard and pleasant to the ear.
See our Winter Specials Online
Seven tips to help you during the winter months
- Keep your throat covered, By wearing a scarf, high collar or poloneck.
- Drink warm liquids such as hot water or tea with honey or warm soups.
- Try not to abuse your voice when outdoors by shouting and straining to project across sports fields for example.
- Throat lozenges or sucking sweets or mints are good.
- Drinking lots of water and fluids to keep your mouth moist.
6. If all else fails a hot toddy like granny used to make will help.
- Hot water
- Apple juice
- Raw egg
- Hot milk
7. Remember smoking also dries out your mouth and throat.
Sent with the warm heart.
Yours in good voice!